Monday, February 27, 2012

parents house.

I was visiting my parents the other weekend and got some great shots of their house.  Recently though my mom decided it was time to get rid of the 90s wallpaper that covered and I mean covered the whole kitchen.  Here are some before shots.





Look who came to say hello!  Richard!!

As you can see the wallpaper is very dated and busy.  When my mom asked what I thought about taking it down I responded an astounding yes so fast I think she was a little stunned.  The difference is amazing.  Here are some of the afters with just the wallpaper coming down.




As you can see it really does make a huge difference.  I am currently trying to talk her into painting all the cabinets white and adding a backsplash and new countertops but one step at a time.  She is not going for the painting as of yet but alas I will not give up.  I think it already looks amazingly better and so much bigger.  As you can see there are some spots of the walls that have to be repaired but she said for the most part it all came down pretty easy.

What do you think?  Should they go for painted cabinets?  Or try and work with the current shade of wood?

xo

1 comment:

  1. I am having great difficulty picking out tile and paint color. Painter comes on Thursday. May just get that estimate for painting the cabinets. Nothing looks good with the color of the cabinets.


    Anyone have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete