Monday, March 12, 2012

it's a nice day for a white kitchen.

Did you read that blog title the same way I did, a la White Wedding?  Its always good to end a Monday with a little Billy Idol, don't you think?

As most of you know my parents are redoing their kitchen.  They are making a lot of huge changes but also staying with some of the old elements they currently have.  They will be changing the floors, changing the cabinet color, and changing the wall color.  What will be staying the same will be all the appliances, the countertops, and furniture/accessories.

My suggestion was to paint the cabinets white and do a more moody color on the walls such as a darker gray.  The problem we keep having is, is it going to be too much white?  

Here are some pictures for inspiration.

 via
 via
 via
After looking through a ton of pictures I think they should go for it.  To break it up there will be darker floors, a little bit darker walls, and some great color accents to really make the white pop.

What are your thoughts?  Is white cabinets, white counter tops, and white appliances too much?  Do you think using other colors will help break it up?  And how was everyone's weekend?  Hopefully awesome!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Wish someone would comment and help out this don't know what to do mom.

    Help!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to go for it! It will look amazing, look at all the white in the pictures!

      Delete
  2. I am going all white shortly. To break it up a little I am having the very small amount of wall space painted Liveable Green (SW) but everything else, including appliances and floor are white. I can't wait!!! I love white kitchens and the opportunity to bring color in with accessories; it will allow me to change it up with my mood and a switch of dishes. I love the photos you have for inspiration. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think just going for it is going to be the best option, I love white kitchens too and I think it it going to make a huge difference!

      Delete