Thursday, November 29, 2012

the best diet trick.


With the holiday season now in full swing I thought it would be nice to share one of my favorite diet tricks.  Remember back when I first tried the Green Monster.  Its incredibly healthy and can get your body back on track after a week filled with traditional holiday meals or the multiple cocktail parties that are in the weeks ahead.

Green Monster Smoothie
1 cup Greek Yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
1/4 cup Almond Milk or Skim Milk
1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
1 Small Banana 
1 tsp. Almond Butter
Ice (I use about 7 cubes)
2-4 cups Spinach (This is based on preference I usually lean more towards 4 cups as its so amazing for you and you can't even taste it)



Almost everyone I know refuses to even try this because of the color but I can promise you it is delicious.  The banana and raspberries mask any flavor the spinach has and one glass has all the vegetable servings needed for one day.  The recipe can be altered according to taste and I have found versions that are vegan as well.  I think it would be wonderful with blueberries or peaches.

xo  

2 comments:

  1. I did a smoothie post yesterday!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the green monster smoothie. The look of it made me want to run away and pound scotch, but, surprisingly it tasted quite good!!

    ReplyDelete