Tuesday, November 6, 2012

nola.


I'm off on a quick trip to Nola (as the locals call it) on Thursday and couldn't be more excited.  I've never been to what around here we call the deep south and am literally bouncing out of my seat with excitement to see what everyone tells me is one of the greatest cities in the US.  The food, the music, the booze all that combined with French influence, I'm already in love!

I plan on hitting all the major tourist spots (yes I know, don't judge, I've never been) but a few that top my list are Cafe du Monde, the French Market and Flea Market, Jackson Square, the Garden District, The Columns Hotel, and Old Vally Plantation.  I definitely want to see one of the cemeteries and would like to do a bike tour one day.  We only have two and half days because we are driving so time is limited but nevertheless I'm going to fit in as much as possible.  As much as I thought I would dread the road trip I'm actually looking forward to the scenery as I've never been to that part of the US before. 

Does anyone have any tips on things to do or places to go in Nola?  What is your favorite restaurant?  As we all know one of my favorite things to do while on a trip is eat so I'll be trying as many differnt Creole and Cajun dishes as possible!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment