Friday, November 30, 2012

new orleans.







My trip to New Orleans was simply amazing.  I fell in love with the city within minutes of being there.  The history plus beautiful architecture was enough to make me seriously want to move there.  But the happiness that seemed to radiate from the people and their surroundings really made me love the city for everything it represents.

We were only there for three days so it was a quick trip but was just enough time to eat at some great restaurants, do a good amount of shopping and see some different areas of the city.  We stayed at the Inn at St. Peter which was nice.  It was very authentic and in a great location but if I were to return I would most likely pick a different hotel.  Needless to say I was a little envious when we rode past The Bourbon Orleans.  If your looking for a nice, inexpensive place though I recommend it.

On our second day we went to the Garden District and did a morning tour where we saw Lafayette Cemetery Number 1 (think Double Jeopardy) and walked through the streets of the Garden District.  This was most definitely my favorite part of New Orleans, I loved the feel of all the old houses and live oaks sweeping lazily over the streets.

Other than that we did a French Quarter tour and saw among other things where Tennessee Williams lived and wrote, along with how he came up with the name for A Street Car Named Desire.  Saw Angelina and Brad's home (very boring from the outside), drank at some of the bars on Bourbon Street, ate way too much food, turned $5 into $46 at Harrahs on the penny slots, shopped on Magazine Street and at the Flea Market and ate lots and lots of beignets!  

I can't wait to go back!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment