1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7
When thinking about every specific detail regarding weddings things can get a little crazy. One of the best ways to make sure everything goes smoothly is to stay organized but there are a few things that I found here that a bride could easily overlook.
- Buy a pretty hanger for your dress. Nothing will look worse than a dinky wire one in your photos.
- Make sure your phone is charged and then designate a bridesmaid or friend to answer all calls.
- Pack an overnight bag for your wedding night so you have all of your essentials no matter where you are staying.
- Bring extra cash. You never know who might need to be tipped last minute.
- Make sure you have all your international documents. Passports can take over a month to obtain.
- Assign someone to collect your gifts from the reception and keep them until you return from your honeymoon.
- Arrange all day-of transportation, including getting you to and from appointments. It will be one less thing you have to worry about.
- Make sure you arrange to have someone take home your dress. The same person taking all your gifts might also be able to do this.
- Pack an emergency day of kit. This kit could include Band-Aids, hairspray, clear nail polish, Advil, hem tape, protein bar, deodorant, bobby pins, Tide-To-Go, breath mints, lotion, and any other item you may need.
- Eat at the reception! What fun is doing all the tastings and then never actually getting to enjoy the food.
- Feed your bridal party. Make sure to provide lunch for everyone, not just hors d’oeuvres. You could be getting ready for hours and the last thing you want is someone feeling wheezy from lack of food while they are standing during the ceremony.
- Give each one of your bridesmaids and groomsmen a gift for being a part of your special day.
- Bring your own cake cutter. The one the caterer has may not be that nice.
- Create an itinerary and make sure everyone has a copy.
- Enjoy your day!