Thursday, June 14, 2012

braised cucumbers.

Is anyone else out there a huge fan of Julie & Julia?  It is one of my favorite movies that I can watch over and over again and seems to pop up on my Netflix cue at least once every two months.  Whether it be Julie Powell's self-deprecating yet humorous depiction of the real Julie Powell, the amazing food, or her very real breakdowns, its a film that warms my heart.  And let's not forget Meryl Streep as Julia Child, could they have picked someone better?  I think not. 

To the topic at hand I am not a very adventurous cook, I rarely if ever cook but upon looking up Braised Cucumbers and seeing how easy they were I am determined to try it.  Butter, cucumbers and a frying pan I can handle, boning a duck not so much...

You can find the recipe I'm going to try here.  I promise to give an update as I have yet to cook them because every kitchen utensil and cooking product I have is currently in a box...somewhere in the black hole that has become my apartment.  However, good news, today we signed and got our keys so the moving begins!

Have you ever cooked a Julia Child recipe?  I looked through her cookbook once and was pretty intimidated.  Maybe one day I'll make Beef Bourguignon...maybe!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment