Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the move.


 via
Well the move is officially over.  It was rough and I am glad it is done.  However, the new place is amazing.  It feels like home instead of an apartment which is nice as I have yet to feel like I was living in a home since I moved out of my parents’ house six years ago.  I will be sharing pictures soon.  The layout is completely different than anything I’ve had before so it’s taking some tweaking to get everything right but so far all the furniture is in place!

As for my list for the weekend I crossed off quite a few things…

Celebrating Father’s Day and my Mom’s Birthday since my parents will be in town

Finish the move!!

Go see Rock of Ages (Does anyone else think this looks insanely good?)

Get the kitchen completely unpacked and functional, I hate not being able to cook or at least make a salad and know where a fork is

…Start working on getting the gallery wall rehung

…Potentially a cookout on Sunday!

Some things were completed some things weren’t, but that’s okay.  I plan on taking my time to get this apartment together.  The last time I moved I rushed to get things decorated, bought a lot of things I didn’t love and ended up changing everything.  This time around I plan on taking my time and making sure I love something before going forward with it.

One thing I am really excited about doing is creating an inspiration/mood board to cover the shelving on the built in desk.  I never use the desk and I hate the look of it so I figured this time around (I had one in my last apartment) I would cover it up completely.  The picture at the top of this post is my inspiration.  I just need to figure out where I can find a piece of cork or canvas large enough to make this project possible!  I’ve heard that ceiling tiles work great for this type of project so I will have to see if I can get my hands on some of those.

Anyone else ever create a large scale inspiration board or something similar to it?  How did you do it?

xo

p.s. Rock of Ages was awesome, if you like musicals go see it!

2 comments:

  1. You can buy cork from Lowe's but it tends to be thin, about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Double or triple up. You may also check at Askew-Taylor Paints on 110 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC. A most fascinating place for cork or foam board. Explain to them what you want and I bet they either have something or can get it. A place to know about.

    ReplyDelete